Marine Operations Engineer - Wave Energy
Working at CorPower Ocean you will be part of a world class team, committed to make big impact. We are on a mission to bring reliable and competitive wave energy to the world. We offer a high degree of freedom and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. CorPower Ocean is a global leader in wave energy, with a technology that has shown game-changing performance. Your work will contribute to the global transition to renewable energy by unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
We are now looking for a hands-on engineer with relevant experience from marine operations and field testing of industrial machinery to help our ocean testing activities in Portugal. This role is based in our Portuguese entity in Viana do Castelo where you will take part in the local marine operations team.
- Support a variety of marine and logistics operations: marine vessel movement, equipment, administrative work, mooring patterns, etc.
- Maintain and update marine field instructions, including submarine cables layup and retrieval, anchoring charts, mooring plans/arrangements for vessel operations, and record of all marine activities in the field.
- Procure and maintain material and equipment used for on-land and offshore operations.
- Support and verify the readiness and HSE compliance level of each vessel and personnel before any offshore marine operation.
- Perform assorted job-related duties, as assigned.
- Support assembly and on-land testing of Wave Energy Converters.
- Support pilot installations in the field.
Skills and qualifications:
- Electromechanical, Mechatronics, Mechanical or Electric engineering degree with at least 3-year experience in Marine environment.
- Specialized training or certification in marine operations or offshore engineering will be a plus.
- Combined knowledge of vessels and equipment and experienced on activities involved in marine operations engineering including method statements/story boards; deck layouts; mooring analysis (arrangements and specification); tow arrangements and bollard pull; lifting arrangements; rigging and equipment design, project specific stability analysis; sea-fastening design and motion analysis.
- Ability to work in a team environment and understand priorities, based on project schedule.
- Willing to work in outdoor environments – open ocean.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, work in tight spaces and to perform job tasks that require standing.
- Kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions and in small openings.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
As a person:
- You are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- You are self-motivated and hate to waste time
- You always search for the most simple and elegant solutions to difficult problems
- You love to learn new things, and take pride in constantly developing your skills
- You are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach pioneering goals
- You see your tasks through to completion
- You are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally
- You are data driven and strive to always back your points with a solid research
- You are comfortable to work and maintain continuously a good relationship with external stakeholders.
- Cpo teams
- CPO Portugal Lda
- Viana do Castelo
Viana do Castelo
Why join us ?
To bring competitive wave energy technology to the world, unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of renewable energy by harnessing the natural power of the oceans.
To solve a challenge that no one else has cracked before, whilst tackling climate change and achieving a sustainable low-carbon future.
Team members are given a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. You will have the chance to face technical and commercial challenges that are complex to solve, cutting-edge and highly inspiring.
We try and encourage a fun and intellectually stimulating work environment here at CorPower Ocean. Throughout the journey we share the highs and lows together, which brings us all closer together !
We offer an attractive package including: competitive base salary, stock options , health & wellbeing support, pension plan, health insurance, and six weeks of paid vacation.
Join the Wave Technology revolution!
We are a dynamic, supportive, fun and a truly international team of more than 14 nationalities including industry experts, innovators, experienced interdisciplinary engineers and business professionals.
CPO strive to combine the best of world class knowledge from around the world with a true entrepreneurial spirit devoted to developing the best wave energy technology out there .
About CorPower Ocean
CorPower Ocean is a global leader in Wave Energy technology. The ocean forms one of the largest yet least explored renewable energy sources on earth. We bring a new class of high efficiency Wave Energy Converters (WECs) enabling robust and cost-effective harvesting of electricity from ocean waves. The design principle is inspired by the pumping principles of the human heart and offers five times more energy per ton of device compared to previously known technologies, allowing a large amount of energy to be harvested using a small and low-cost device. A unique transparent protection mode brings survivability in the toughest storm conditions. We are headquartered in Sweden with offices in Portugal, Scotland and Norway.
Marine Operations Engineer - Wave Energy
Loading application form