Energy Systems Modeller - Wave Energy
Working at CorPower Ocean, you'll join a world-class team that's determined to make a big impact. We're on a mission to bring reliable and competitive wave energy to the world, and we need talented and passionate individuals to help us achieve our goals.
At CorPower Ocean, we value innovation, teamwork, and sustainability. We offer a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. As a global leader in wave energy, we're dedicated to unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
We're currently seeking an ambitious individual with relevant experience in the renewable energy sector to join our Stockholm office. As part of our commercial team, you'll provide technical expertise in energy systems modelling, data analysis, and site identification, assessment and development.
- Maintain and develop CorPower's PyPSA modelling software in Python.
- Conduct optimal energy mix studies to identify the lowest-cost combinations of sources such as wind, solar, and wave energy at different firming levels.
- Support the modelling hybrid farms such as combined wind and wave farms to quantify the value of shared resources.
- Generate production profiles for wave, wind, and solar resources in various sites and regions.
- Perform yield and site assessment studies for customers using our in-house resource assessment tool.
- Fetch, pre-process, analyze, and visualize large datasets.
- Support pilot installations in the field.
You have a M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in engineering (renewable energy, marine engineering), computer science, physics, mathematics, or related disciplines, and a minimum of 1 to 5 years of experience of relevant analysis experience in industry. You have experience and interest in data science working hands-on with data modelling using Python and other modelling software. Strong analytical mind, broad technical knowledge, and a genuine interest in ocean energy, machines, and modelling. We value creative and patient problem solvers with a strong work ethic. You are proficient in English, both spoken and written, and work well in multinational teams.
As a person:
- Strives for excellence and puts quality into everything they do.
- Self-motivated and hates to waste time.
- Always searches for the most sustainable solutions to difficult problems.
- Loves to learn new things and takes pride in constantly developing their skills.
- Persistent and knows it takes stamina to reach pioneering goals.
- Sees tasks through to completion.
- Data-driven and strives to always back their points with solid analysis.
- Cpo teams
Why join us ?
To bring competitive wave energy technology to the world, unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of renewable energy by harnessing the natural power of the oceans.
To solve a challenge that no one else has cracked before, whilst tackling climate change and achieving a sustainable low-carbon future.
Team members are given a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. You will have the chance to face technical and commercial challenges that are complex to solve, cutting-edge and highly inspiring.
We try and encourage a fun and intellectually stimulating work environment here at CorPower Ocean. Throughout the journey we share the highs and lows together, which brings us all closer together !
We offer an attractive package including: competitive base salary, stock options , health & wellbeing support, pension plan, health insurance, and six weeks of paid vacation.
Join the Wave Technology revolution!
We are a dynamic, supportive, fun and a truly international team of more than 14 nationalities including industry experts, innovators, experienced interdisciplinary engineers and business professionals.
CPO strive to combine the best of world class knowledge from around the world with a true entrepreneurial spirit devoted to developing the best wave energy technology out there .
About CorPower Ocean
CorPower Ocean is a global leader in Wave Energy technology. The ocean forms one of the largest yet least explored renewable energy sources on earth. We bring a new class of high efficiency Wave Energy Converters (WECs) enabling robust and cost-effective harvesting of electricity from ocean waves. The design principle is inspired by the pumping principles of the human heart and offers five times more energy per ton of device compared to previously known technologies, allowing a large amount of energy to be harvested using a small and low-cost device. A unique transparent protection mode brings survivability in the toughest storm conditions. We are headquartered in Sweden with offices in Portugal, Scotland and Norway.
Energy Systems Modeller - Wave Energy
Loading application form