Working at CorPower Ocean you will be part of a world class team, committed to make big impact. We are on a mission to bring reliable and competitive wave energy to the world. We offer a high degree of freedom and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. CorPower Ocean is a global leader in wave energy, with a technology that has shown game-changing performance. Your work will contribute to the global transition to renewable energy by unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
The Mechanical team in CorPower is looking for a mechanical design engineer to take an important role in the development and optimisation of our innovative wave energy converters.
The role will be part of the mechanical design team and interacting with electrical, software, control, supply chain as well as integration and testing teams, requiring strong collaborative skills.
- Module owner of Wave Energy Converter subsystems (project & product responsibility)
- Produce 3D models & 2D drawings in Creo
- Perform engineering calculations & simulations (static structural, fatigue & pressure vessel)
- Produce technical documentation
- Perform failure mode, effects and criticality analysis
- Manage your tasks to meet performance, schedule and budget targets
- Investigate new solutions to improve processes, performance, reliability or manufacturability
- Support procurement activities including component and supplier selection, manufacturing and factory acceptance testing
- Perform assembly and testing of systems in our machine hall
- Support pilot installations in the field
Skills and qualifications
You have a B.Sc or a M.Sc. degree in mechanical engineering or related disciplines with minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
You have a broad technical knowledge and genuine interest in the different aspects of industrial machinery and mechanical design. Knowledge in pneumatics, hydraulics, structural optimization, pressure vessels, fabrication, sensors, routings and/or electricity generation equipment is valuable to us. Experience working to pressure equipment directive (2014/68/EU) and machine directive (2006/42/EC) is welcomed.
Experience working with Creo, WindChill, MathCAD, and ANSYS mechanical is beneficial.
We value strong communication skills and the ability to work in a small agile team. You are highly proficient in English.
As a person:
- You are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- You are self-motivated and love to optimise your time
- You actively seek out ways to improve both your own and the teams working methods
- You always search for the most sustainable solutions to difficult problems
- You love to learn new things, and take pride in constantly developing your skills
- You are innovative, solution-oriented & persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach pioneering goals
- You see your tasks through to completion
- You are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally
- You are data driven and strive to always back your points with solid research
CorPower Ocean has a highly diversified team with many nationalities and backgrounds, all working towards the same goal. This is something we are very proud of. We are not perfect yet but we hope you share our aim to reach a higher equality.