Working at CorPower Ocean you will be part of a world class team, committed to make big impact. We are on a mission to bring reliable and competitive wave energy to the world. We offer a high degree of freedom and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. CorPower Ocean is a global leader in wave energy, with a technology that has shown game-changing performance. Your work will contribute to the global transition to renewable energy by unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
CorPower Ocean is looking for a dynamic and ambitious Head of Product Certification who will be responsible for making sure that certification activities proceed smoothly. As the company is headed toward Type Certification - with the aim of being one of the first marine energy companies globally to reach Type Certification and a bankable product offering. This role will be the internal reference to standards and certification, leading and guiding our department on applicable standards and requirements from a certification perspective.
- Own CorPower certification activities to deliver targeted certification milestones and budget
- Lead the product certification process across the internal departments (incl design, manufacturing, assembly, installation through operations and maintenance)
- Be our main interface to third party certification bodies
- Be our internal authority to standards and certification across the entire product development and delivery cycles.
- Be a driving force behind the design process to ensure future compliance with all relevant certifications and standards.
- Provide hands on technical support to the engineering team from a certification perspective
- Structure engineering documentation to comply with certification requirements
- Ensure traceability of requirements and testing from initial design concept to verified and certified product
- Lead FMECA (failure mode, effects and criticality analysis) for modules and system
- Review design concepts and component choice to improve device reliability, availability and design life
- Represent CorPower in external projects involving certification
- Own customer and partner certification requests
- Lead suppliers to ensure compliance to relevant standards in terms of material certificates, methods and test procedures, as well as leading our own design teams.
Qualifications and skills
You have relevant experience from leading 3rd party certification having had senior certification roles either in a notified body or an equipment manufacturer (OEM). Personal experience from product certification, CE-marking, PED 2014/68/EU, company management systems is qualifying. Having worked with industrial equipment for harsh environments such as offshore, mining or other challenging sectors is a plus. You have a broad technical knowledge and genuine interest in the different aspects of machinery and reliability. This is a detail-driven role requiring ability to work in a highly cross-functional role. Knowledge of drive train technology, hydrodynamics, pneumatics and structural optimization is qualifying. You may have a degree in mechanical engineering, physics, mathematical statistics or related disciplines. Some past exposure to cyber security applicable standars and how to verify would be a merit. Your personality, industrial experience and interest in the field is the most important. You are proficient in English, both spoken and written.
As a person:
- You are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- You are self-motivated and love to optimise your time
- You always search for the most sustainable solutions to difficult problems
- You love to learn new things, and take pride in constantly developing your skills
- You are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach pioneering goals
- You see your tasks through to completion
- You are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally
- You are data driven and strive to always back your points with a solid research