Working at CorPower Ocean you will be part of a world class team, committed to make big impact. We are on a mission to bring reliable and competitive wave energy to the world. We offer a high degree of freedom and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. CorPower Ocean is a global leader in wave energy, with a technology that has shown game-changing performance. Your work will contribute to the global transition to renewable energy by unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
The Mechanical team in CorPower is looking for a design engineer to lead the design of the seabed pile-anchor system for our innovative wave energy converters.
The role will be working with the mechanical design team and closely alongside the Principal Engineer for the anchor system but will involve a large amount of interaction with our entire engineering team, supply chain as well as integration and testing, requiring good collaboration skills.
- Complete the concept development of the pile-anchor system, considering the interfaces to the ground (geotechnical domain), the Wave Energy Converter (mechanical, electrical, control), and installation operations.
- Produce engineering calculations and simulations required for the detailed design.
- Verify design details by Finite Element analysis.
- Produce the 3D models and then 2D manufacturing drawings for the pile-anchor system.
- Provide technical support during the procurement, production, commissioning, and installation phases (some travel is required)
- Produce technical documentation
- Manage your tasks to meet performance, schedule and budget targets
- Investigate new solutions to improve processes, performance, reliability or manufacturability
- Support procurement activities including component and supplier selection, manufacturing and factory acceptance testing of modules
- Support pilot installations in the field
Skills and qualifications
You are able to lead a design project that requires collaborating with a multidisciplinary team. You have a theoretical understanding or practical experience of defining load case scenarios and the forces acting on a system as well as calculating combined stresses. You have a degree in engineering (e.g. mechanical marine architecture, geotechnical, materials science) or related discipline and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
We value strong communication skills and the ability to work in a small agile team. You are highly proficient in English.
As a person:
- You are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- You are self-motivated and love to optimise your time
- You always search for the most sustainable solutions to difficult problems
- You love to learn new things, and take pride in constantly developing your skills
- You are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach pioneering goals
- You see your tasks through to completion
- You are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally
- You are data driven and strive to always back your points with a solid research