Mechanical Design Engineer - Wave Energy
Working at CorPower Ocean you will be part of a world class team, committed to make big impact. We are on a mission to bring reliable and competitive wave energy to the world. We offer a high degree of freedom and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. CorPower Ocean is a global leader in wave energy, with a technology that has shown game-changing performance. Your work will contribute to the global transition to renewable energy by unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
The Mechanical team in CorPower is looking for a mechanical design engineer to take an important role in the development and optimisation of our innovative wave energy converters.
The role will be working closely with the mechanical design team but will involve a large amount of interaction with our entire engineering team, supply chain as well as integration and testing requiring good collaboration skills.
- Produce 3D models and 2D drawings in Creo
- Perform structural analysis
- Produce technical documentation
- Produce engineering calculations and simulations
- Perform failure mode, effects and criticality analysis
- Manage your tasks to meet performance, schedule and budget targets
- Investigate new solutions to improve processes, performance, reliability or manufacturability
- Support procurement activities including component and supplier selection, manufacturing and factory acceptance testing of modules
- Perform assembly and testing of modules and prototype systems in our machine hall
- Support pilot installations in the field
Skills and qualifications
You have a BSc or a M.Sc. degree in mechanical engineering or related disciplines with minimum of 1-5 years of relevant experience. We value strong communication skills and the ability to work in a small agile team. You are highly proficient in English.
As a person:
- You are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- You are self-motivated and love to optimise your time
- You always search for the most sustainable solutions to difficult problems
- You love to learn new things, and take pride in constantly developing your skills
- You are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach pioneering goals
- You see your tasks through to completion
- You are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally
- You are data driven and strive to always back your points with a solid research
- Cpo teams
Why join us ?
To bring competitive wave energy technology to the world, unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of renewable energy by harnessing the natural power of the oceans.
To solve a challenge that no one else has cracked before, whilst tackling climate change and achieving a sustainable low-carbon future.
Team members are given a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. You will have the chance to face technical and commercial challenges that are complex to solve, cutting-edge and highly inspiring.
We try and encourage a fun and intellectually stimulating work environment here at CorPower Ocean. Throughout the journey we share the highs and lows together, which brings us all closer together !
We offer an attractive package including: competitive base salary, stock options , health & wellbeing support, pension plan, health insurance, and six weeks of paid vacation.
Join the Wave Technology revolution!
We are a dynamic, supportive, fun and a truly international team of more than 14 nationalities including industry experts, innovators, experienced interdisciplinary engineers and business professionals.
CPO strive to combine the best of world class knowledge from around the world with a true entrepreneurial spirit devoted to developing the best wave energy technology out there .
About CorPower Ocean
CorPower Ocean is a global leader in Wave Energy technology. The ocean forms one of the largest yet least explored renewable energy sources on earth. We bring a new class of high efficiency Wave Energy Converters (WECs) enabling robust and cost-effective harvesting of electricity from ocean waves. The design principle is inspired by the pumping principles of the human heart and offers five times more energy per ton of device compared to previously known technologies, allowing a large amount of energy to be harvested using a small and low-cost device. A unique transparent protection mode brings survivability in the toughest storm conditions. We are headquartered in Sweden with offices in Portugal, Scotland and Norway.
Mechanical Design Engineer - Wave Energy
Loading application form