Working at CorPower Ocean you will be part of a world class team, determined to make big impact. We are on a mission to bring reliable and competitive wave energy to the world. We offer a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, combined with great personal responsibility. CorPower Ocean is a global leader in wave energy, with a technology that has shown game-changing performance. Your work will contribute to the global energy transition by unlocking one of the largest untapped sources of clean energy on earth.
We are looking for an ambitious person with knowledge and experience in mechanical assembly to lead the assembly and test activities of our full scale wave energy systems.
- Primary owner of all mechanical assembly and testing of our full scale wave energy converter
- Lead the mechanical integration team
- Assembly and installation of components and subsystems
- Control and adjust components and sub-systems before final assembly.
- Testing – from sub-system tests at suppliers to dry testing of complete systems in our machine hall.
- Document, correct and improve our methods of assembly and testing.
- Perform all tasks according to safety regulations, in a correct and accurate manner with the aim of always getting it right the first time.
- Prioritize, delegate and supervise mechanical integration activities and deliverables
Skills and Qualifications
- At least ten years of practical experience, from assembly or manufacturing, of advanced mechanical products
- Experience of leading teams towards challenging goals
- Experience from electromechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical assembly is advantageous.
- Ability to document and continuously improve specific assembly procedures.
- Expertise in precise assembly of heavy and large mechanical parts.
- Experience handling heavy lifting equipment (crane, hydraulic lifting devices, forklift), with valid forklift and crane licenses.
- Computer skills (for test reports, reading control data and drawings).
- Knowledge of application regulations and safety instructions
- Willing to travel in Sweden or Europe for periods of time.
- Good English skills, spoken and written.
- Swedish language skills would be preferred, but not essential.
You are a dynamic and self-motivated individual, with the ability to work well in a team together with other experts. You are curious and love technology. You are ambitious and persistent, not afraid of challenging and innovative tasks that are often carried for the first time ever. You are an effective problem solver who finds simple solutions to complex problems. You seek challenges and opportunities for development in your work. You want to work with technology and colleagues who, like you, strive to be industry leaders in their field.
As a person:
- You are striving for excellence, put quality into everything you do
- You are self-motivated and hate to waste time
- You always search for the most simple and elegant solutions to difficult problems
- You love to learn new things, and take pride in constantly developing your skills
- You are persistent, knowing it takes stamina to reach pioneering goals
- You see your tasks through to completion
- You are comfortable in presenting your solutions internally and externally
- You are data driven and strive to always back your points with a solid analysis